Jan 22, 2011

January Ocean



If ever a day had perfect beach weather, yesterday did. January may not remind you of the beach, but we went anyway; my mom initiated a spontaneous trip to Santa Cruz with some good friends, and we couldn't help but marvel at the loveliness of it all.


(Little brother Nathan, and friend Chase)

It was a decidedly beachy day, not excluding hole digging, and castle building, wave jumping, and cliff climbing.


(Juliana and my sisters, Bethany & Mackenzie)



The day also included the essential thrown together sandy beach lunch. You know how it goes; it's time to leave and you remember you have to bring a lunch! So you riffle through the fridge, scan the cabinets, rummage through the pantry, and toss it in a basket.



I was, however, particularly pleased with our thrown together sandy beach lunch. Our sandwiches consisted of the following:
Homemade Bread (baked by myself)
Garlic Mustard Aioli
Cheddar Cheese
Brie
Persian Cucumbers
Purple Saurkraut (made by my mom)

Oh yes, blueberries too.

Umm, yum.



After a satisfactory lunch, my friend Chantel and I went and climbed a rock. It is gratifying to finally find oneself off the ground after at least a dozen failed attempts, you know?





The children, on their own explorations, were playing king of the rock mountain, when they found that evidently the rock mountain was already bedecked with purple robed natives.





As the sun began to set, Channy and I took advantage of the evening glow.



The sun left us with a faint green flash, but you can be sure of this--the glow hasn't left us yet.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great pictures

Hannah Noelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah Noelle said...

What a beautiful post!

Lucy, Dear Fish said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! What delicious looking sandwiches!

Ginny said...

I love the one of Asher by the water!

Sky said...

I love this post. It's like a fairytale :)