Dec 24, 2008

Every tongue confess...

Recently I went to the Dickens fair in SF with some friends. We walked through London in hoopskirts and ended off the day with a dance at Fezziwigs. The tradition for the end of this dance is singing the Hallelujah Chorus. Everyone was singing with such conviction enthusiasm! Let me remind you what this song says.

Hallelujah!
For the Lord God Omnipotent reigneth.

The kingdom of this world
Is become the kingdom of our Lord,
And of His Christ,
And He shall reign for ever and ever,


King of kings, and Lord of lords,
And He shall reign forever and ever,
King of kings, forever and ever,
And Lord of lords,
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!


These words were being sung by people at an event that claim NO connection to Christ. Yet they were declaring that 'The Lord God Omnipotent Reigneth!'. That the 'Kingdom of this world... is now become the Kingdom of the Lords!'

This isnt the only time this happens. We recieved carolers from up our canyon and I don't know what their religious standing is. If there is one. But we were singing songs about Christ our Saviors birth and it was sucha beautiful moment.

It just got me to thinking about how God uses people who to declare his glory. Isaiah 45:23 says


By myself I have sworn,
my mouth has uttered in all integrity
a word that will not be revoked:
Before me every knee will bow;
by me every tongue will swear.


This is quoted in the New Testement in Romans 14:11

It is written:
" 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will confess to God.'


It amazes me that even now
Every tongue will confess.

Merry Christmas!! Have a blessed day.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

God's truth just finds its way through, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Nice post.

Sierra said...

Nice verses. Merry Christmas! =)

Zuzu said...

Merry Christmas! :)